RSS

Midnight Post - PPSMI/ETeMS

This would be my opinion on PPSMI/ETeMS, the issue currently debated in Malaysia...

WHY MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO CONDEMN PPSMI @ ETEMS ARE THE ONES WHO ARE ENGLISH EDUCATED AND CAN SPEAK ENGLISH FLUENTLY? DON'T YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN/FUTURE GENERATIONS TO BE LIKE YOU ALL AS WELL? IT'S NOT THAT WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE THEM FORGET THEIR MOTHER TONGUE. BAHASA MELAYU, CHINESE AND TAMIL ARE STILL BEING TAUGHT IN SCHOOLS. THOSE ARE THE IMPORTANT SUBJECTS. ENGLISH, AS WE ALL KNOW IS THE INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE WHEREBY THE WHOLE WORLD USE IT TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. SO, PLEASE, DON'T CONDEMN WHAT TUN DR. MAHATHIR HAD DONE. HE'S NOT TRYING TO MAKE THE PEOPLE OF MALAYSIA LESS PATRIOTIC, BUT HE'S PREPARING THEM (INCLUDING ME) TO FACE THE FUTURE WHERE ENGLISH IS THE MAIN LANGUAGE TO COMMUNICATE. BUSINESS, POLITICS WITH OTHER NATIONS AND SO MUCH MORE ARE USING ENGLISH AS THE COMMUNICATIVE LANGUAGE. SO, PLEASE...

ALSO, AS THE ARTICLE IN THE STAR HAD SAID: "WE ARE SPEAKING MANGLISH, NOT ENGLISH." WHY? THE "LA" & "LOR" ARE ALWAYS IN OUR ENGLISH SENTENCES. "BAH" IS ALSO PRESENT IN OUR DAILY CONVERSATION. WHICH IS WHY DR. MAHATHIR WANTS US TO IMPROVE OUR ENGLISH SO THAT WE WON'T USE "MANGLISH" WHEN WE SPEAK OR COMMUNICATE WITH FOREIGNERS AND TOURISTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD. HEY, EVEN THE FRENCH (FROM THOSE WHO I'VE TALKED TO) SPEAKS ENGLISH FLUENTLY, EVEN THOUGH THEIR FRENCH ACCENT IS STILL THERE. SO, WHY CAN'T WE BE LIKE THEM?

SERIOUSLY, IT MAKES ME SAD. I WAS THE "GUINEA PIG" FOR THE PPSMI PROJECT, AND I GOT PERFECT RESULTS. TRUTHFULLY, STUDYING MATHS AND SCIENCE IN ENGLISH IS MUCH EASIER THAN IN MALAY. IN ENGLISH, IT IS MUCH EASIER TO UNDERSTAND SINCE THE TERMS USED ARE IN ENGLISH. SO, WHY CHANGE TO MOTHER TONGUE? MALAY LANGUAGE, CHINESE AND TAMIL FOR MATHS AND SCIENCE? MALAY, I CAN SAY IT'S OKAY BUT CHINESE AND TAMIL? THAT WOULD MAKE IT MUCH WORSE FOR OUR FUTURE GENERATION!

With all due respect,
Hafiz Khairuddin

4 comments:

phytohystrix said...

Slm,how's life? Hm..I share your view on this issue..I do believe that conducting PPSMI in many ways will benefit greatly. Maybe some day it will be reconsidered again,who knows? And at that time hope that all the students as well as the teachers will be ready to go for it! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ovazeduw.kogaryu.com/agijimew.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://itiwapyxu.servetown.com/xexemi.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]