RSS

WELCOMING 2010 - My Beautiful Life (Part 1)

To celebrate this coming 2010 (Hooray!), I'll be making a three-day tribute to my life.. Reflecting back is way good to see what have you done so far, and to ensure what we want is achieved or not.. So far, NONE of what I want to do is achieved.. So, BAD HAFIZ! Hehe.. Anyway, today I'm going to relive my school years from kindergarten to Standard 6...

Kindergarten
My kindergarten was called 'Taski Abim Al-Istiqamah' and it was located in Taman Setia Jaya, Parit Buntar. I went there with my cousin Azmi and some of my friends now (an example is Eda Nurul Hanani). Can't really remember well. Only that one day, we had a fire escape rehearsal and we learnt how to run and what to do if you are on fire (I mean LITERALLY on fire). I volunteered to demonstrate after they (the firemen) taught us how and I got a certificate for that! I was so proud of myself that time.. Hehe.. ^_^

Standard 1
SK Methodist, Parit Buntar was my primary school. First day of school has never been scarier than ever. Can't recall whether I cried or not, but I do remember being called 'cute' by my seniors (Standard 6 students at the time).. Hehehe.. Anyway, that year was where I first fell in love with English (which is why I took TESL), thanks to my favourite teacher, Puan Norlela... I still see her sometimes but now it is harder because I have moved to Lumut... :( Kinda cried when she left school because she left us after 1 year she became my teacher.. She was the one who noticed I needed spectacles! I can still remember the day.. Can't recall the date, though.. But, we were having an activity called 'What Number Is This?' and she asked me to identify a number. I was sitting at the back, so it was kinda hard to see..

Puan Norlela: Hafiz, what number is this? (A '3' was shown on the card)
Me: Thirty three, teacher.
Puan Norlela: Hafiz, that's wrong.. It's three..
Me: No, teacher. It's thirty three.
At this point, the whole class was looking at me...
Puan Norlela: What number is this, then? (A '1' was on the card)
Me: Eleven.
Puan Norlela: Hafiz, I think you better ask your mother to go and have your eyes checked. Tell her that after school, okay?
Me: Okay, teacher.

The weirdest thing (I thought it was weird back then) was she's right! I have astigmatism!! Which explains why I said '33' instead of '3'. It's because I have been seeing double images all the time.. Huhu... My first spectacles was the one with BIG lenses, like those old people wore. Most of my friends laughed at me when they first saw me. I was the first one to wear spectacles in my class AND the WHOLE Standard 1 students! Made me the most popular student in school at that time.. Hehehe...

Standard 2
Still the same school, with more and more bullies. Cried a bit here.. Not much happened.. Don't recall, anyway.. ^_^

Standard 3
Also the same school (why am I repeating this? I was here until Standard 6!) and this was the year I took my PTS (which does not exist anymore now). This year during my exam, my uncle was the one who handled us! Huhu.. I can still remember what he said:

2 minutes left!
Pak Su: Just pick one.. No need to calculate!
Me: Pak Su, 2 more questions la.. I still can calculate.
Time's up! Stop writing!
Pak Su: Like I said, JUST PICK ONE!
Me: Okay!

Which is why I FAILED the test! Haha.. Anyway, those who passed may choose to skip a year (from Standard 3 straight to Standard 5) or continue as usual. Since I failed, I have to continue as usual.. Huhu..

Standard 4
FIrst time learning Science! Huhu.. Hard one! Hehe.. This year was also my TORTURE year due to a certain event that was ENTIRELY my fault AND the teacher's:

Maths period (how can this happen during my favourite subject?)
Puan Sharifah: Hafiz, why did you do this wrongly? Look! EVERY ANSWER IS WRONG!
Me: (Stared at my book without a word.. Realized that I had miscalculated EVERYTHING)
Puan Sharifah: I want you to take your book, go out there on the court and DO YOUR CORRECTION! DON'T COME IN UNLESS YOU FINISHED ALL OF THEM!
Me: (Went out, crying while doing the corrections UNDER THE HOT SUN)

Wanna know what happened after? That teacher was sued right after I told my mom what had happened. Haha.. A lesson for me and ALL the teachers out there: NEVER PUT YOUR STUDENTS UNDER THE SUN.. YOU MIGHT GET SUED!

Also, this year (and last year) I was the head cheerleader for the Annual Sports Day! Haha.. Two years in a row! Huhu.. Wee~~~ ^_^

Standard 5
This is getting pretty long, right? No worries.. I'll stop on Standard 6 and continue tomorrow for my Secondary days...
This year, I was the head cheerleader again! Hehe.. How cool is that? Haha.. (Don't be surprised, the cheeeleading team consists of both BOYS and GIRLS...) Not much happened, as usual.. But, I do remember distinctly that my class was moved from the bottom floor to the TOP FLOOR! Fuh, the torture of climbing ALL THOSE STAIRS! Hehe.. Good exercise, though.. :)

Standard 6 (Finally)
Cried A LOT here.. Met Huril Ain (my first love! To bad, no replies..) UPSR year.. The pressure is harder than ever! Haha.. Made a LOT of mistakes this year.. Including NOT DOING ANY OF THE BM HOMEWORK! Was called by the counselor (Puan Hjh. Noriah) and counseled right there and then.. Fuh.. Changed after that.. UPSR came and finally out comes the results.. How much did I get? 5As!! Weehoo~~~ Hugged by mom in public at her school (I went straight to her after I got my result)..

Well, that's about it in my primary school years.. Blog again tomorrow for my secondary years!

With all due respect,
Hafiz Khairuddin

P/S: The names above even though they are true, it was meant to be a lesson to all.. So, don't be offended.. Will always love my teachers.. Especially Puan Fauziah, Ustazah Fauziah, Puan Mardhiah, Puan Norlela, Encik Nazri, Puan Normi, Encik Zainal, Encik Yahya, Puan Azizah, Puan Zaiton, Puan Siti Zaleha, and Puan Zainol Kamariah.

0 comments: