RSS

Feels Like Sharing - First Day Back

Hello, BLOGGERS! Just wanna thank a person (Mr Anonymous, please identify yourself!) for the comment on the 3rd part of my life's tribute for 2010... Hope you can tell me who you are!!

Well, like the title say, I want to share my first day back here in IPG Batu Lintang.. As the song said 'Kami Balik Ke Batu Lintang Lagi', we are BACK!!!

First things first, statuses on Facebook (yes, most of us use this!!!) keep saying 'Malas Nak Ke Kelas' or '1st Day Balik Dah Busy...' but hey, THAT'S LIFE!! Picking what my dear senior Rhenu said in her speech to us last year:

Rhenu: Life's hard.. But it's going to be harder.. So, prepare yourself and just get ready for what's to come...

See? Even she knows it! Kak Rhenu, we, your juniors THANK YOU for the lovely speech you gave us during our TESL Gala.. Your words of wisdom is what we hold on now!

Anyway, I still haven't started on my day, right? Hehe.. Well, here goes!

My first class was with a lecturer who taught my class last year.. Can you guess who?? (Why should I tell, anyway!) SHe told us about our results a bit (but she didn't tell us what grade we got) and basically, she introduced us to what seh will be teaching us this year: LINGUISTICS!!! Once we got what she wanted to teach us, we kicked off with our first topic: THE HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE which sounds more interesting on the title than the content.. Too much to take in! We learned that the English language is under the Germanic language family, and closest to the Frisian language.. (How can I remember this??) We also learned a bit about how the English language developed from the Proto English to the Modern English we use now..

Fuh.. And that was the only class I had for today.. More to some tomorrow! Also, an embarrassing incident happened today at the cafe... I FORGOT MY WALLET!!! Hadoi... First day back and I forgot my wallet??? Huhu... So sad... Even the cashier was giggling at me! Huhuhu...

Scotty (my imaginary friend): How can you forget your wallet?
Me: Why are you asking me? You're the one who didn't remind me to take my wallet!

And, yeah.. I HAVE AN IMAGINARY FRIEND.. So, if you see me talking to myself, that's because I have nobody else to talk to apart from my imaginary friend... Huhu..

Well, I'll blog again later this week for more and more happenings on my first week back!

With all due respect,
Hafiz Khairuddin

P/S: This post is dedicated again to ALL IPG Batu Lintang people.. Regardless of position and job, it's for you! With loving care for ALL my OTAGO seniors especially Nana Izya, Liz Yani, Ak Dean, Nicholas, Jordan, Azman, Azhan and Afiqah! Safe journey to OTAGO!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hafiz, you have an imagery friend?? No wonder few times I called your name you ignored me.. Now I know the reason why...

Jay Jay

Nurul Izyani Yaacob said...

Oh, the anonymous is Jay Jay! Haha.. Wow, I'm shortlisted! Thanks Hafiz.. Wish u all the best in degree year!

Life's hard, and it's getting harder, but you can make it better.

Chill out! :-)